TP-LINK DECO M5 ITS ABOUT TIME TO MESH Wi-FiOctober 3, 2018
TP-Link Deco M5 is the simplest way to have a better Wi-Fi signal in your home. What’s it does is, it may indeed making your network connection at home more stable and faster, covering area of home up to 3800 square feet.
What does Mesh Wi-Fi mean and do?
Mesh Wi-Fi systems consist of two or more router devices that connect each other in order to cover your house in Wi-Fi. Similar with or having a multiple Wi-Fi extenders, this one is easier to set up which you don’t need to have networking knowledge and you can have either just 2 SSID or doesn’t need to have multiple network names. All it takes is plugging in the units, download and install their required App through Android or IOS and following some simple steps, that’s it. Once it’s all set up, managing your network is also really easy, as most of the advanced, complicated features are out of the user’s way and the big features that people want are easily accessible and simple to use.
THE DECO M5 SPEC
The Deco M5 equip with Quad-core CPU, transfer speed max up to 400Mbps on 2.4Ghz and max up to 867 Mbps on 5Ghz with its built-in 4 internal antennas and connectivity with 2 Gigabit Ports on each TP-Link Deco M5 units.
On security side, Deco M5 is protected with Trend Micro built-in firewall and advanced wireless encryption, with a threat database updated live once your internet connected.
There is 3 type option that you can set up your TP-Link Deco,
- TP-Link Deco connect to existing Router, while the existing router connect to the modem as usual.
- TP-Link Deco connect direct to Modem, and uses PPPOE. If you have a VOIP from your ISP, you will need to set the Deco according to i.)
- TP-Link Deco uses as an Access Point.
All above set up can be easily set in the TP-Link Deco App.
Installation or setup TP-Link Deco M5 you will need to have some patient and make sure you have internet connection before setting up.
Simple Installation Guide
- If you are using Android, download their app from Google Play Store, call TP-Link Deco.
- After install, you will need to sign up first before you can use their App to set up the TP-Link Deco M5.
- After you have fill in the required Sign Up details, you will need to login to the email that you use to register. Look for TP-Link ID: Activation Required email in your email client. Inside the email, Click on the “Click to Finish Registration”. That’s it for the Sign up.
- Now you can Log In into the TP-Link Deco using the email that you register.
- Follow the step on adding TP-Link Deco M5, in the process you will need to do the following,
i.) MUST! Connect the network cable (Recommended using CAT6) any of the TP-Link Deco M5 to your router / switch / modem, depends on which option you chose for your Deco M5.
ii.) You will be ask to turn on your Bluetooth and GPS, this is to ensure connecting from your Mobile to TP-Link is linked.
- That’s it. No additional network knowledge needed.
If you tend to use Deco M5 as the main router, you have to make sure that you have the login and password for your PPPOE connection set up.
Source : TP-Link